Monday, November 5, 2007

The terribly important announcement.

Yes, dear bloggers, I have returned...

The ego is such a funny thing. One day (or maybe more like 45) you find yourself at home, relaxing, content to never blog again and living a life of pure frivolity -- mostly skipping and playing super-tense games of solitary Jenga -- and then you find a shout-out on a friends blog and your world changes.

Because of Ali (and of course the strange power that Stefanie wields over me), I will update the blog this week with a terrifying and terribly important new story. It will thrill, chill and fulfill all who dare read it. I call it:

The terribly important story of why I was chased by a miniature horse on an almost deserted Alaskan Island.

I do apologize for my absense, and hope you've all learned something about me from this experience: I'll do anything for public praise -- even further degrade myself by detailing the sad misadventures of my youth for your shared enjoyment.

Stay tuned...

PS -- I rhyme now. Oh yes...

7 comments:

Stefanie Raynes said...

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Marshall and Alison said...

Brett. Once again. I love you. I will direct all of my cyberstalkers to check out your weekly installments. Wait, you don't have three kids and 14 batches of laundry to do each day! How come your installments are only weekly? Don't we all need to laugh more often than that? You have responsibilities. Step up. :)

Syke! said...

If I tried to update more than once a week (and who are we kidding, even THAT often is a dream that prolly ain't gonna happen!), how would I have time to play two simultaneous games of online scrabble with Stefanie...or watch reruns of The Golden Girls...or nap.

No, no...once a week is surely all I can handle. Plus the emotional trauma of reliving my nerdom is pretty sizable...sometimes...I cry.

(for those keeping track, I have now admitted to wearing trackpants, publicly singing the rainbow connection, watching the Golden Girls, and crying...this blog is doing more damage than good.)

PS -- I'm just kidding about the crying thing...no, seriously...just jokin' around...(nervous chuckle followed by shifty eyes)...

Marshall and Alison said...

I think "nerdom" has two d's. :) Oh, and I love that you used the word "prolly"

Stefanie Raynes said...

LIAR! I will NOT take my scrabulous turn until I see at least 200 words here on your blog. I am sorry it had to resort to this.

David said...

I'm writing this in the middle of Brettaween. Brett, you must write at least an ending to the epic you created. Help me Brettawon kanobe. You're my only hope.

Melanee Raynes said...

Blahg again already!